Should I Get Coverage for Dental Benefits? Is it worth it?
Dental coverage can be a valuable investment for individuals in the UAE who need dental treatment, which can be expensive to pay for out of pocket. However, whether it is worth it depends on how much it costs and what you get from the coverage.
Let us dive in to know more.
What is Dental Cover?
Dental cover is an add-on coverage in medical insurance that covers problems with the teeth, gums, and preventative care like yearly cleanings. You can effectively budget for the costs of maintaining good oral health with the aid of dental cover add-ons in your medical insurance policies.
What Are the Things Covered in Dental Benefit?
The three types of dental procedures that are typically covered by insurance policies are –
- Preventive Care – Regular physical exams, dental cleanings, and X-rays are all part of preventive care.
- Basic Care – Fillings, extractions, and root canals are examples of basic dental care procedures.
- Major Care – Crowns, bridges, and dentures are a few examples of major restorative care procedures. (Advanced Dental Cover)
Dental insurance plans in the UAE offer varying levels of coverage, depending on the particular plan and insurance company.
Dental coverage is purchased as a supplement to medical insurance. It’s important to understand which procedures are covered as well as the amount of out-of-pocket costs.
Additionally, preventive care services like checkups, screenings, and cleanings are completely covered under dental cover. This routine maintenance encourages you to take better care of your oral hygiene lowering your risk of later experiencing a more painful or serious problem while also saving you money.
What Is Not Covered Under Dental Coverage?
- Dental cover in the UAE usually does not cover cosmetic dental procedures, such as:
- Teeth whitening
- It also does not cover dental procedures that are considered experimental or investigational, such as:
- Stem cell therapy
- Experimental drugs
To know what is and is not covered by your dental cover, it is crucial to carefully read the terms and conditions.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Dental Insurance?
Pros of dental cover
- Helps you in setting up a budget for the price of maintaining good oral health.
- Offers protection for basic care, and preventative care and major restorative, if opted.
- Offers motivation for getting regular examinations and cleanings.
- Cost of the additional premium applicable is much economical than the cost of treatment, if paid out of pocket.
Cons of dental cover
- Coverage is usually limited to a maximum cap starting from AED 1,500 to USD 5,000. Dental cover cannot be covered upto annual limit of the main medical policy
- May not cover dental procedures that are considered experimental or investigational or cosmetic dental procedures.
- It is necessary to purchase additional coverage for dental under your standard health insurance policy.
- There is set of exclusions applied to dental treatment, which you need to be aware of.
Is It Worth Getting Dental Cover?
If getting dental cover is worth it or not totally depends on your condition and circumstances.
Dental cover can help you maintain good oral health and effectively budget for the cost of it. As most of the time, its acute and there is a need to rush for dental treatment. To make sure that this trade is a good one you should get as much information from your insurance provider.
Want to know more? Contact New Age Insurance Brokers to get the answers.