Protect Your Jewellery Business with Jewellers Block Insurance
Jewellers Block Insurance provides protection to all those who are engaged in the jewellery business, such as retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and repairers against the risks of loss of or damage to their stock and property.
This policy covers most of the risks that business owners are exposed to in this trade, for instance, jewellery at display in showrooms, personal carryings, shipping by courier services or airfreight, entrustments, exhibitions, shop furniture, display materials, computers, etc.
The jewellery business is lucrative and creative but potential risks and losses associated with it can render it financially unviable. Thankfully, jewellers block insurance can provide you with the needed protection and peace of mind.
Key Features of Jewellers Block Insurance
- It is specifically designed for jewellers and diamond businesses as risk factors specific to this business are included.
- It can be tailored to the specific needs and requirements of your jewellery business. However, it can vary from one insurer to another.
- It includes coverage of valuable items such as precious stones, gems, watches, antiques, jewellery pieces, and pieces of art.
- If you choose add-ons, the coverage of this insurance can extend to other perils such as fire, flood, earthquake, accidental loss, etc.
- It comes with numerous benefits. For example, if you lose your jewellery because of theft, burglary, or shoplifting, this policy can cover your financial loss as per its terms and conditions. It also covers the risk when your precious products are in transit, displayed in your showroom and exhibitions, and undergo repairing or cleaning.
What is covered under jewellers block insurance?
Jewellers block insurance covers a wide range of risks and losses, including:
- Theft, shoplifting, burglary, snatching, robbery, dacoity, etc.
- Infidelities such as dishonesty by employees and business partners
- Fire and other perils such as natural calamities
- Loss of valuable insured products if lost in transit
- Loss of valuable insured products by courier companies and parcel posts
- Loss of insured products with airlines and air cargo
- Financial loss due to the damage caused during repairing, cleaning, and exhibiting jewellery
- Losses sustained from riots and strikes that hinder your business or trade
- Losses of furniture, fixtures, office equipment and machines, such as air conditioners and fax machines that are strictly used for business purposes
Based on the Duly Filled Declaration Proposal Form, Underwriting Rating/Valuations include:
- Exposure/Sum Value
- Stock Values
- Nature of Stocks
- Values Out of Safe
- Display Windows
- Travel / Personal Transit Risks
- Home Risks
- Security and Protection
Remember that before the insurer provides you with the said protection, there are some pre-requirements such as:
- The type of construction and location of business premises
- The reputation of your business
- Past claims history
- Security systems such as CCTV and alarm installation and maintenance and availability of a watchman
What is not covered under jewellers block insurance?
Typically, jewellers block insurance contains certain exclusions and doesn’t provide any protection for them. Some general exclusions of jewellers block insurance are:
- Unexplained losses
- Mysterious disappearance
- Dishonesty by customers or other traders
- Lost and unattended stock
- Loss of something that is not declared in the proposal form
How do I apply for jewellers block insurance?
As with other insurance policies, you must take your time to consider your options before purchasing and get expert advice. Shopping around for jewellers block insurance with different insurers and policies can help you find the right policy for your needs. Not all policies for jewellers block insurance are created equal. Take the time to read the fine print of the policy before you sign on the dotted line. Finding the right jewellers block insurance that fits your business’s needs will secure your business in the future.
At New Age Insurance Brokers, we are a team of highly experienced and technically sound insurance advisors. We can help you find the best jewellers block insurance for your business that provides the essential coverage that your business needs. For further information or queries on jewellers block insurance, please reach out to us at +971 4 3573378 or email@example.com.