10 Safety Tips for Driving at Night in Dubai
Dubai is a crowded city with its roads congested with vehicles and when it comes to driving at night in such a city, it can be difficult. The glare of coming headlights, low lighting, and other conditions can cause vision to be weakened. You can make driving at night in Dubai much safer by following a few basic safety guidelines.
- Keep Your Car in a Good Condition – The condition of your car makes a huge difference in your safety. This is especially true when you are driving in Dubai.
As you must be aware, Dubai’s climate is extremely hot and dry. This heat can increase the wear and tear of your car. Hence, to save yourself from any potential accidents, you should get your car serviced regularly.
- Keep Your Headlights On Always – Your car’s headlights are vital parts of your car. You should keep them on at night at all times and use them appropriately in different areas. This is because Dubai’s roads might be mostly well-lit, but there are areas that are not lit properly, like the Outskirts of the city.
- Always Keep a Safe Space – When driving on a congested road like Jumeirah Beach Road, you should keep a safe distance because some drivers might want to speed. This way you can save yourself and your car from dangerous situations.
- Remember to Follow the Speed Limits – The speed limitations on Dubai’s roadways vary according to the place you are at. If you don’t abide by these rules, it can result in expensive fines or accidents. To avoid them, stick to the speed limits on the roads.
For example, Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai has a speed limit of 100 km/hr to 120km/hr, whereas Emirates Road has a limit of 110 km/h. While the speed limit in Abu Dhabi is 140km/h, it is 120km/h in Northern Emirates.
- Always Use the Indicators – Use your turn signals to let other drivers know that you are about to make a turn when you are changing lanes or making a turn. This will save your and other people’s lives.
For example, if you are driving on a main road like Sheikh Zayed Road, you should always remember to give an indication before taking a turn. If you forget, it can lead to dangerous accidents.
- Plan Your Path – If you plan your path beforehand, you will be able to visit new or unfamiliar locations better and avoid getting lost at night.
For example, since Dubai Mall is a well-known shopping destination and the road can get fairly busy at night, you should plan your route in advance.
- Don’t Use Phones or Any Other Distracting Object – Any distractions like using your phone, applying makeup, or eating while driving can be risky and can result in crashes.
For example, Al Khail Road is quite a busy road in Dubai. Any distracting activity you do here can be risky. So avoid distractions at all times.
- Keep Pedestrian Crossings in Mind – There are many crossings for pedestrians in Dubai. As it could be difficult to see these at night, you should exercise extra caution.
When reaching pedestrian crossings on internal, drive more carefully because people may sometimes not follow the traffic rules, which can lead to fatal accidents.
- Always Stay Attentive – When driving at night, you are dependent on artificial light. As our vision is affected by various things, being attentive can save lives. Sometimes it can be difficult also because nighttime driving can be exhausting. Take a stop, get dressed, and then continue driving if you feel that your focus is dropping.
For example, remember to take breaks and relax while driving on busy roads like the Dubai–Abu Dhabi Road so that you are well–rested and can maintain attention while driving your vehicle.
- Always Follow the Traffic Rules – The last tip is the simplest but the most important one. Always remember to follow the traffic rules while driving. Breaking Dubai’s strict traffic regulations can result in costly penalties or even accidents.
Getting insurance for your car is also a mandatory requirement in Dubai, so remember to get your car insured to abide by the rules of Dubai and stay safe.
Keep in mind all these 10 safety tips while driving at night, and you and your loved ones will stay safe. If you do not have car insurance yet or looking for a company that provides you with the best insurance, then contact New Age Insurance Brokers at +971 4 3573378 or send us an email at email@example.com to get expert advice and find the best car insurance for you.